How To Apply for a Tamilnadu Board Verification Letter

Hey y’all!

As you know, one of the required documents for your Computer Number application is the Board Verification letter. If you studied under the CBSE board, it’s relatively straight forward. However, if you studied under a State Board (Tamilnadu, Telangana, Kerela, Maharashtra, etc.) the process is a little more tedious.

Since I’m based out of Chennai and studied under the TN State Board, below you’ll find the steps you need to follow to get your Board Verification Certificate (BVC) from the Directorate of Government Examinations (DGE) office in Nungambakkam.

Before you visit the DPI campus, make sure to have the following documents in hand:

• 10th Marksheet xerox – notarized
  • 12th Marksheet xerox – notarized
  • Aadhaar Card xerox - notarized
  • Print out of Pariksha User Manual (just the page where they mention BVC requirement)
  • Green Envelope (11 × 5 in.) with stamp worth Rs. 30/-

Step 1:

Go to the DGE office inside DPI campus in Nungambakkam (It is on College Road, next to Women’s Christian College). Here’s the Google maps directions: Google Maps

Step 2:

Go to the “Tapal” office (you can ask the security guard where it is) and ask for the Payment challan. If they ask why, tell them it’s for DGCA Computer Number.

Step 3:

The challan they hand you will be a xerox copy with 3 columns on it. Next, you’ll have to go to a specific section in the adjacent building, based on the district your school was located in. For Chennai, you’ll have to visit the V1 section on the 2nd floor of the building. Ensure that all 3 columns have the DGE office seal on it before leaving the building.

Step 4:

You’ll have to pay Rs. 50/- per BVC (so Rs. 100 in total to get 10th and 12th BVC). To make this payment, you’ll need to go to the SBI Treasury Branch near Beach Metro Station. Once you get there, you can fill in the challan for Rs. 100 and write your name & phone number behind each column. Once you’ve filled it in, get a token and take a seat. They will call you to one of the counters when it’s your turn. Once you get to the counter, they will take your payment, tear the 3 columns, and give you one of the columns back with the bank’s stamp on it. Here’s the google maps directions: Google Maps

Step 5:

Now, you’ll have to go back to the DPI campus to submit your documents. If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to purchase a green envelope (11 in. x 5 in.) and paste stamp worth Rs. 30/- on it. There is an India Post office inside the DPI campus where you can purchase the stamps. Write your address on the front & center of your envelope paste the stamps on the top right-hand corner.

Step 6:

Go back to the “Tapal” office and submit your documents. They will take your documents and give you an acknowledgement in return, stating that your BVC will be posted to you in 14 business days.

Couple of points to note:

First, it will likely take 1 month (at the minimum) for you to receive the BVC in hand from the date you applied, and you’ll have to make another trip to collect it yourself from the appropriate section office.

Second, When you’re at the section office in the main building, make sure to get the phone number of your respective section so you can call and ask if your BVC is ready, instead of making unnecessary trips to the DPI campus.

Third, as soon as you get the first BVC in hand, apply once again by following the above steps as you’ll need another pair of original BVCs for your RTR exam application.

Lastly, I have recently learned that you can get your BVCs from the following website: https://esanad.nic.in/. The BVCs you get by applying through this site are basically a color xerox of your 10th and 12th marksheets but with official stamps from TN DGE and Ministry of External Affairs, India. However, I am not sure if DGCA/WPC will accept the documents you get from here for BVC requirement (I haven’t tried this before). If you or someone you know has tried this method and the DGCA/WPC accepted them, please comment below so that fellow aviators from TN can save the hassle of travelling to the DPI campus multiple times.

Hope the above guide helped! Comment below if you have questions, find errors, or know that the process has changed!

Can we apply it from online

Hi @stranger_45,

Welcome to PreFlight! :airplane:

I’m not sure what you mean by applying online. As I mentioned in the article above, either you’ll have to visit in person or you can try the e-sanad route. TN does not have an online-only method of board verification (like CBSE has) that I’m aware of.